COVID-19 Update: 31/03/2020
Our regular updates around the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) are designed to keep you updated on Select Medical’s operations as the situation unfolds.
We would like to assure you that we remain able to deliver essential healthcare products, the provision of rental equipment, LOLER testing and cleaning and decontamination services. These are a priority with 100% of this essential work still being carried out.
Last week, as expected, we were inundated with enquiries regarding fulfilment of our customers’ existing orders. In addition, there was a dramatic increase in the level of new enquiries with increased demand in all-of the routes to market Select Medical operate in. We are in constant communication with our own supply chain to satisfy this uplift and support the NHS, Care Homes and distributors.
To date both active and reactive surfaces remain available. However, we would urge any customers forecasting an increase in requirements, or who are worried about future supply, to contact our internal sales team at their earliest possible convenience – call 01254 668899.
This week, we’d also like to highlight the efforts of our management team and staff. Our team have worked hard, despatching many orders to safeguard vulnerable patients at risk of pressure ulcer development. Although currently operating under a skeleton staff onsite, our priority is still to ensure Care providers, Carers and the Cared for remain at the centre of our daily activity.
We continue to meet via video conferencing weekly to monitor Select Medical’s business continuity plan. We will post further updates of any major developments as they happen and will give a status update next week.
If you have any questions, requests or concerns relating to any of the above, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Contact Lee Elson via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01254 668899.
COVID-19 Update: 24/03/2020
Following the latest Government response to the Covid-19 pandemic we want to update you further on the measures we are taking to keep staff and stakeholders safe.
Select Medical have increased the number of staff members working from home. Initially, essential staff to our on-going operation remained in work, resulting in 15% of the workforce working from home. This week we have put in place further measures to safeguard our key services at this crucial time, whilst enabling more staff (40%) to work from home.
We are experiencing very high demand for support surfaces from the wider healthcare community, NHS, distributors, Care homes and even competitors. Our supply chain remains strong and product is available, even at this extremely challenging time.
We continue to review internal procedures and are satisfied that the additional stringent measures in place, in-light-of the pandemic, are protecting our key services and workers and minimising risk:
- All staff are following stringent hand washing protocols and have been supplied with hand sanitiser.
- Regular dialogue between Select Medical and customers prior to any work being carried out to ensure the latest information on any health issues are communicated – self-isolation, symptoms etc
- LOLER inspection/servicing/repair work is carried out in an isolated location onsite or in an outside area. Equipment is to be moved prior to engineers attending and single use protective gloves are worn during inspection.
- In most cases delivery is drop-off only. Where this is not possible the same stringent procedures are followed as above.
- Cleaning and decontamination staff continue to follow stringent infection prevention policies and have protective face masks, full body aprons and gloves.
Delivery of essential healthcare products, the provision of rental equipment, LOLER testing and cleaning and decontamination services remains a priority with 100% of this essential work still being carried out.
We will continue to update you on a weekly basis as the situation unfolds – please check back week commencing 30th March for further details.
COVID-19 Update: 19/03/2020
In light of the developing Coronavirus situation, Select Medical would like to reassure our customers and partners that we are monitoring the situation on a daily basis and reacting to this changing situation as necessary. We are following protocol as advised by the Government and relevant healthcare trades association (BHTA) and have put in place a number of measures to keep our staff and C3 stakeholders safe.
Providing pressure prevention surfaces and services is vital to patient well-being – we will therefore be open for business as usual, and are committed to our service and contract agreements, but with some new procedures in place:
- Non-urgent service work will be postponed.
- We will follow delivery, installation, service and repair services in line with customer’s own containment procedures.
- We have implemented stringent hygiene and self-isolation policies to try to limit the potential risk of catching/spreading the virus.
- All employees whose role allows them to, will now work from home.
- All external meetings and visits to our premises will be limited to essential only.
- Our business continuity plan will be updated as this situation unfolds, and we will keep all stakeholders informed of any changes to our operation as necessary.
We understand that this is a difficult time for everyone, but we will continue to provide the support Care Homes, the NHS and Hospices require at this time. If you have any questions or queries regarding our procedures around COVID-19 then please contact Lee Elson via email email@example.com or call us on 01254 668899.