Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary/Rate: Competitive package based on experience
Job type: Permanent
Location: South East
Description: Select Medical are on the look-out for a hungry self-starter with a passion for developing leads, forging new relationships, selling our outstanding range of support surfaces, and moving and handling equipment. You will have experience of working in the NHS, ideally both acute and community. Working with a range of KOL’s – TVN’s, EBME, CES Managers, Contract Managers, NHS procurement, this field-based role, requires someone with a proven track record of developing new business and creating long term partnerships in this space.
At Select Medical, we think differently. We believe that we have a bigger role to play than simply manufacturing and selling pressure care mattresses. We’re here to make a real difference to the lives of the care provider, carer, and the cared for. It’s what we call our C3 approach, and it’s at the heart of our business. If you think you’re the right person to bring our C3 approach to life by always going that extra mile then we’d like to hear from you.
- Quickly identifying the KOL’s in new business opportunities across the territory
- Build valuable relationships with KOL’s across the territory
- Developing an expert understanding of the portfolio of equipment across the territory
- Build a portfolio of tenders and contracts and renewal dates
- Identifying sales leads by:
- Researching organisations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Expertly demonstrate our product range to senior influencers at evaluation days and ERG.
- Identify key business development areas, set journey plan and carry out cold calling visits
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Maintain and update the CRM database to ensure the accurate collation of data.
- Become an expert and brand ambassador across the full portfolio of products
- Results orientated with a tenacious approach and strong work ethic
- Existing strong relationships with senior KOL’s in the territory.
- Skilled in communication and influencing across all levels within the NHS
- Ability to succeed in a fast-moving, changing environment
- Ability to act on own initiative, making thoughtful, customer and business focussed decisions
- Evidence of strong negotiation and communication skills
- A good understanding of marketing principles
- Experience of journey planning and effectively organising own time
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Clinical background
- Moving and Handling experience
- Successful management of a large territory